Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why I am starting this Blog

I write this only so that other men might not have to go through what I am. I have no desire to draw attention to me. I realize that we have a great many good men (and women) who read blogs on cancer, might feel inclined to leave a response to let me know that they are sorry this happened to me. No need to do that.

Let's make this blog about educating the young and the not so young, both male and female (you might after all, have a boyfriend, husband or male family member who posesses the same stubborn traits as I do).

I want to educate because I acted like the typical guy ignoring any and all signs and figured that toughing it out would make it go away. And of course it didn't.

My life changed dramatically in a 6 day period in the beginning of January and it is my hope that anything I share with you will help.

The following posts contain a day to day account of what happened. It is not a short story but I hope at least some men will read through most so they may glean something from it.

I knew something was wrong as much as 7 months ago (Spring 2008) and shrugged it off.
That same something came back 3-4 months ago and I ignored it again. All the signs were there at this time and I foolishly ignored it again.
It took keeling over in pain on my youngest son's burthday in December 2008 and a friend yelling in my ear to go to the doctor.

Be smart. You sense something wrong? Get to your physician. Immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment