Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Friday, January 16th. Get a phone call.

"Marc, can you come in on Monday to talk to the doctor?"
"Uh, yeah, sure, I can be there at 9 a.m."

Shoot, that's not good. I know I can call him over the weekend but I do not.

Monday, January 19th. CAT scan results.

"Marc, the good news is that you are clear in the area where we removed the tumor and that's great"
"And the bad?"

"You have two spots in your lungs and I need to refer you to an oncologist, sorry. Marc, no matter what this is, we are going to cure you. We are right there at the beginning and you are strong and healthy. With men like you we approach 100% cure rate. We are going to get you through this. I am going to get these results to the oncologist and they will contact you for an appointment. You will be fine, I promise"

Odd, I am very calm and not scared. I guess I believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment