Monday, February 16, 2009

January 7th. Day 2. Ultrasound.

"Lay down, please"
He gently adds some solution and starts to use his machine.
30 seconds later the expression on his face turns very dark. He cannot help himself apparently.
"Oh, uhm". Long pause.
"I am sorry, it looks like you have a very large mass that has taken over 90% of your left testicle. This is definitely cancer, I am sorry, I am sending you right back to your doctor. Please do not wait"

Back to the internist:
After waiting an hour for the internist to discuss the results I am told that I need to go see an urologist in the adjacent building. He is out today so go first thing tomorrow. They will set up the appointment. Get some rest, stay strong and prepare for an operation in the next few days.

Shoot. Another very long 4 mile drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment