Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thursday, January 15th is the day I did the CAT scan.

The days leading up to this one were filled with pain but nothing I couldn't manage. Did not go to work of course but was able to drive quite well so bringing the kids to school and picking them up was no problem. You are not allowed to drive for 48 hours but well, I guess there was still enough Testosterone in my to do what I needed to do anyway.

I wanted, needed, that time with my kids. They need to see me smile and give them a kiss and a hug. Normalcy is the best thing for them now.

11 a.m. Urologist informs me I am negative for tumor markers and that is good news. He removed an enormous tumor, he says. He also mentions that mormally it has spread to the neighboring area with a tumor that size and now it did not. He was very happy with this. It certainly made me feel better.

He explains to me that nothing really changes and that my glands and the one testicle can compensate for the loss. He can see I lift weights and he says that in 6-8 weeks I should be back to normal. HOWEVER, we need to check if there is more cancer and we need to do a CAT scan. Let?s go get that over with.

Noon. CAT scan. Technician injects me with solution and gets me in the machine. Few minutes later I am done. 48 hours to get the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment